To be developed
Competency 2: To know how to establish and/or reestablish a strong positive credit profile
- 2a: know the purpose of credit scores.
- 2b: describe the five categories used for FICO credit scoring.
- 2c: identify the steps to reviewing a credit report for inaccurate or incomplete information.
- 2d: describe how long debts are owed and how long derogatory items can stay on a credit report.
- 2e: describe how state statute of limitations can affect a creditor’s ability to pursue a consumer in court and how this knowledge may be helpful in creditor negotiations
Training notes ….. to be developed