Rental-Readiness Course Overview
COURSE TITLE: Rental-Readiness Session
LENGTH OF COURSE: < ¼ DAY (1 ½ HOURS)
The rental-readiness session is designed to provide prospective renters or participants with a hands-on approach to understanding processes associated with securing rental housing through a property management company. Participants will learn about pre-application, application, and rental approval processes.
This session works in partnership with an area property management company to provide day-to-day management knowledge associated with rental housing. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand a typical property management company’s pre-application (if applicable), application, and rental approval process
- Complete with accuracy a pre-application and/or application for rental housing
- Apply pro-active credit steps to aid in getting past credit screening
- Establish proper savings targets to meet upfront costs associated with securing rental housing
COURSE COMPETENCIES and LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Competency 1: To understand better the rental review process and how to complete a rental application
- 1a: be familiar with sections found on a rental application or questions asked during a rental review.
- 1b: improve preparedness (including where one may secure certain documents) to complete a rental application or verification.
Competency 2: To know what proactive steps to take toward achieving credit- and savings readiness for securing rental housing
- 2a: know how to access and interpret their credit report and credit scores.
- 2b: know the common upfront and ongoing costs to prepare for.