Saving is a key principle. Develop a habit of saving regularly, even saving small amounts. Open a bank or credit union account to make it simple and easy for unplanned or emergency needs.
Actions You Can Take
- Start saving today, make savings a habit and put your savings first, then budget for other things in your life!
- Open and keep an account at a bank or credit union that meets your needs.
- Track your savings and investments, and monitor what you own
- Plan for short-term and long-term goals
- Build up emergency savings for unexpected events
- Talk with your local bank to help you save and invest
- Save for any major purchases, and your retirement.
Helpful tips from https://www.mymoney.gov